James Ostrowski’s reasons for not buying the hoax:
1. I am not convinced that there is man-made global warming. I’m not saying it isn’t true. I’m saying it has not been proven to my satisfaction. In part, my skepticism is based on the corruption of science brought about by its politicization. Also, the obvious political agenda behind global warming is an additional ground for skepticism.
2. Even if it is true, I believe its extent and its ill effects have been exaggerated and its possible benefits ignored.
3. Even if it is true, it is a mistake to put the government in charge of saving the planet because, with the exception of killing people and seizing and destroying property, government isn’t good at anything. Why rely on this incompetent, corrupt institution to save the planet? It can’t even plow your street properly.
4. Even if it is true, I favor the government doing nothing about it since everyone on the planet is fully capable of responding to the crisis by changing their behavior in ways that quickly and dramatically reduce the emission of greenhouse gases. The market mechanism will be available to provide them with all the goods and services they need in this venture.
5. Even if it is true, I oppose giving government remedial power since this is a recipe for a totalitarian state. That is, since everything we do, including breathing, worsens global warming, then, logically, this would give the government absolute, ruthless, save the planet-type power over everything we do, every single moment of the day, forever!