Scott Gallup writes:
“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
My $0.02 worth: the Shadow Powers have understood this and have worked for years to nationalize education. Through this control, they have
1) successfully “dumbed down” Americans until we think we live in a democracy (rather than a republic),
2) conned us into thinking that government is our benefactor (but they give us nothing we didn’t already give them through taxes first),
3) created a passive herd of “wage slaves”who know just enough to make a living (and pay taxes) but not enough to know the Constitution and the real gov’t intended by its framers.
As 2009 approaches we find ourselves in the waning years of the grand experiment of the Shadow Powers: “Which is the better way to control a population?”
1) Direct Force (the Soviet method of centralized control, closed borders, quotas and socialism) or
2) Coercion (the United States method of shaping the desires of the populace through rampant marketing, education control, greed, and sufficient entertainment (TV, movies, sports) to distract the masses from creeping socialism and slavery.
We know how well option 1 worked by Dec 1991 with the ending of the USSR after 69 years.
So far, option 2 seems to be working well enough for the Shadow Powers. “No slave is more oppressed than one who thinks he’s free.”
But now, as they attempt to remake the planet into a “New World Order” under the guise of “fixing” a worldwide economic collapse, they have become vulnerable.
If enough of us “wake up” from the Matrix reality we can change our destiny.
The only ones that have become more vulnerable are the “dumbed down” Americans.