A lot of people used to refer to this page (still available via Google cache) to get some basic facts about Bob Barr’s record. However the information is no longer available. Why, you might ask? It appears Barr has sent his lawyers after the site owner in an attempt to censor the truth:
For those of you who have come to rely on the information provided by me regarding libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr, I’m sorry to say I will no longer be providing that for your enjoyment and enlightenment. On June 3, 2008, I received a letter from a law firm retained by the Bob Barr campaign, telling me I don’t have a right to post information about the presidential candidate on this website. ( click here to view the letter )To comply with their wishes and maintain compliance with ICANN, I have taken down all content related to the libertarian candidate until this matter can be resolved.
Facts that were presented on the site included:
- Worked for the CIA
- Former drug war prosecutor
- Member of the Speaker’s Task Force for a Drug-Free America
- Authored and sponsored the Defense of Marriage Act, a law enacted in 1996 which states that only marriages that are between a man and a woman can be federally recognized
- Voted for the Patriot Act
- Proposed that the Pentagon ban the practice of Wicca in the military
What do you suppose he is so afraid of?