When Rand Paul suggested the 1964 Civil Rights Act went too far, he was widely criticized by Democrats and Republicans alike. Here, Professor Williams explains why they are wrong and Rand is right, while making a far more important point about liberty itself.
Walter E Williams – Discrimination and Liberty
May 31, 2010 by disinter
Posted in abuse of power/corruption, government regulation, ideology, libertarian, nanny state, politics, Republicans, US Constitution, video | Tagged Civil Rights Act, discrimination, freedom, racism, Rand Paul | 2 Comments
- 612,526 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Jewish fury after Ukip's Nigel Farage forms a pact with Holocaust deniers to secure funding from the EU
- Feds Readying For Executive Amnesty! Obama Plans To Open Immigration Floodgates... Will 'transform America Into Nation No One Will Recognize'
- Audience Laughs at Shaheen for Ducking Question on Obama
- Congress to the FBI: There's 'Zero Chance' We'll Force Apple to Decrypt Phones
- Chicago nets 50m less than expected on speed trap cameras. Good behavior is threatening the city's budget.
- 10 Things About The U.S. News Media That They Do Not Want You To Know
- W.H.O. Memo: We Failed Ebola Containment
- AE911Truth.org announces: "NIST Lawsuit Underway"
- Ebola Fear Sparks New Interest in Alternative Health
- This video from VA scandal is relevant today: "Obama Is So Mad"
- Russian bases to span entire Arctic border by end of 2014
- Mission Accomplished: AFGHAN OPIUM POPPY YIELD HITS ALL-TIME HIGH
- ISIS VIDEO: AMERICA’S AIR DROPPED WEAPONS NOW IN OUR HANDS
- Russia Deploys Troops, Robots Along Entire "2nd Middle East" Arctic Belt
- Land of the Free – 1 in 3 Americans Are on File with the FBI in the U.S. Police State
- Rubber ducks can kill your sex drive, research finds
- US Government Moves to Dismiss Lawsuit Against ‘Suspicious Activity’ Program Which Keeps Files on Innocent People
- Going Cashless: Denmark's central bank to stop producing money
- Apple’s Mac computers can automatically collect your location information
- US Pentagon weapon-silencer probe ‘may point to rogue operation’