When Rand Paul suggested the 1964 Civil Rights Act went too far, he was widely criticized by Democrats and Republicans alike. Here, Professor Williams explains why they are wrong and Rand is right, while making a far more important point about liberty itself.
Walter E Williams – Discrimination and Liberty
May 31, 2010 by disinter
Posted in abuse of power/corruption, government regulation, ideology, libertarian, nanny state, politics, Republicans, US Constitution, video | Tagged Civil Rights Act, discrimination, freedom, racism, Rand Paul | 2 Comments
- 612,582 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Clashes Between Police and Protesters Turn Violent in Argentina
- Suspected killer in Ottawa shootings expressed hatred for soldiers
- Woman: Police Killed My Boyfriend For No Reason At Drivers License Checkpoint
- Preparing for the Perfect Storm: Bank of Italy sees a decline in GDP. France's private sector output declines. U.S. manufacturing tumbles. Russia has de-dollarized 18% of the rouble.
- THE FEDERAL RESERVE PAYS NO TAXES!!!!!!
- Missouri police prepare for potential riot ahead of grand jury decision in Michael Brown shooting
- Ottawa shooter attempted to rob McDonalds with pointed stick, "wanted to be in jail" because he believed it was the only way to overcome his crack cocaine addiction
- "We won't pay," furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Russell Brand sparks fury as he says he's 'open-minded' over blaming 9/11 on US government
- US opposes post-Fukushima nuclear safety proposal
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can
- Dozens of Civilians Killed by US-Led Bombing of Syria: Report
- ISIL terrorist leader is CIA agent: Chechen president
- Blackwater Employees Convicted of Murder of 14 Iraqis
- 50 Percent Of American Workers Make Less Than 28K Yearly
- Now Everyone Wants to Sell You a Magical Anonymity Router. Choose Wisely
- NYPD officer critically injured by axe-wielding man
- The Over Population Infographic
- Putin meets Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, reveals concerns over Iraq, Libya
- Canadian Terror Wave a Modern-Day Gladio